If being part of the walking dead isn’t enough, Zombies are also really suck at telling jokes.
- It’s a love letter to old school Giant Robot/Monster movies, video games, comics, and anime.
- The effects were beautiful and the robots and monsters had very good designs.
- The sound design was terrific.
- The action scenes were very well done and you could tell what was going on.
- Voice actress Ellen McLain (GLaDOS from Portal) was the AI.
- The story and characters were very cheesy and cliché.
- There were a few too many subplots that didn’t go anywhere.
- The ending was a bit anticlimactic.
This is a perfect example on how to do a summer block buster. It’s a movie where you can turn off your brain and enjoy the spectacle. It’s stupid, but it’s fun stupid. What more can you ask from a movie about giant robots and mega-monsters punching each other in the face?
Write it on your heart
that every day is the best day in the year.
He is rich who owns the day, and no one owns the day
who allows it to be invaded with fret and anxiety.
Finish every day and be done with it.
You have done what you could.
Some blunders and absurdities, no doubt crept in.
Forget them as soon as you can, tomorrow is a new day;
begin it well and serenely, with too high a spirit
to be cumbered with your old nonsense.
This new day is too dear,
with its hopes and invitations,
to waste a moment on the yesterdays.
Ralph Waldo Emerson
Welcome to my new website and a brand new day! It’s the best day of the year…